Children need to first acquire informational pieces before they can begin to understand color as a concept. Recognizing the colors and identifying the color names is an important part of a child’s development. Early identification of colors helps to create the cognitive link between visual clues and words.
Colors for Kids: Teaching Colors to Children
- Mention the name of a color, e.g. blue and ask your child to the name of all
Things in your house that are in blue color . Continue with the other colors,
As long as your child is interested.
- When you are on a journey,ask your child to identify all the red cars,white
cars,Lorries,buses,and so on.
- Mention the name of a shape and ask your child to identify all the things in your house that have that shape.E.g.circle,triangle,square,etc..
- Ask your child to identify all the things that have rough surfaces.
- Ask your child to identify all the things that have smooth surfaces.