Appetizing Dum Aloo
Here we go again with semi liquid curry Dum Aloo.
We will prepare better than how it will prepare in restaurants.
We will make it spicy and thick enough so that you get the flavor of curry with each bite.
There are three simple steps to prepare -:
1. Boiled Potato and shallow fry it to light brown color.
2. Prepare the Gravy for curry.
3. Mix both potatoes and gravy.
4. Garnish it for serving.
Small Potato (10-17)
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Methi Seeds Powder(Fenugreek Seeds)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Green chili (1)
- Onion (2 medium)
- Tomato (3-4 Medium)
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala 1/4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Boil and Fry Potatoes
- Boil the potatoes and make some holes in them preferable with the help of fork( we require small holes not big holes).
- Take a pan and shallow fry the potatoes.
- Take a pan add Little oil in it .
- Add Hing (Asafoetida)
- Add Methi Seeds Powder(Fenugreek Seeds)
- Add turmeric powder .
- Add red chili powder.
- Add Coriander powder .
- Add Ginger, Garlic and Green Chili paste.
- Add onion
- Add tomato paste.
- Add Garam Masala.
- Stir it for 2 minutes.
- Add salt
Leave the mix for 10 minutes on medium flame. The mixture will become little thick in it consistency.
Mix Gravy and Tomato
l After 10 minutes add fried potatoes into the gravy .
l And add coriander leaves .Mix it well.
l keep the gravy with potatoes for 5 minutes(on medium flame).
l After 5 minute add little water and cook it for another 5 minutes.
l Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Dish is ready to serve.
1. For Shallow fry use oil spray .It will reduce the oil in shallow fry.
2. You can also add grate coconut to make thick ,but it will make curry little sweet(personally not preferred).
3. Hole in boiled potatoes should be small, it will allow gravy and flavour to seep into potatoes.
4. Fenugreek seeds and Hing (Asafoetida) is added to reduce gastric nature of potatoes.
Health benefits some of ingredients-:
1. Fenugreek seeds :are highly valued as it is a rich source of nutrients folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamins A, B6 and C, with the leaves boasting of Vitamin K; it also contains
various minerals such as copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc and manganese.
2. Hing (Asafoetida) : It has antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and
anti-flatulent properties that help alleviate problems like indigestion, upset stomach, intestinal gas, intestinal
worms, flatulence and irritable bowel syndrome.