Dahi Vada /Dahi Wada/Dahi Bada
As new is approaching let us make lentil dumplings dipped in creamy yogurt topped with spices and sweet chutney named as “Dahi Vada”. It is very popular in north India.It also famous street food.You can enjoy this at any time of year ,some different version of Dahi Vada also available just like “Kanji Vada/Bada/Wada” , in which Wada served with fermented mustard stock. In north India you will easily found Dahi Vada ,people are found of preparing it on festival and celebration times.
We will be Preparing this dish in three simple step
- Prepare the Ingredients
- Frying the Vada/Wada/Bada
- Garnish and Serve it.
- Soaked Urad dal (Over night/3-4 hours).
- Hing(Asafoetida)a pinch.
- Water as needed.
- Oil for frying.
- Red Chili powder as per taste.
- Roasted Jeera(Cumin).
- Salt to taste.
Step 1 Prepare the ingredients
- Soak urad dal for overnight or minimum 3-4 hours.
- Grind overnight urad dal finely.
- Take a bowl put finely grinned urad dal and hing in it.
- Make a thick batter.
Step 2 Frying the Vada
- Take a wok add oil in this and allow oil to hot.
- Check if oil is hot put Urad dal batter in it like Pakodas.
- And wait till it become Golden in colour ,now flip the Pakodas and fry it from other side.
Step3 Garnish and Serve it
- Take a bowl with hot water and put Vada/Wada/Bada in that for 2- 5 minutes and squeeze water from Vadas/Wadas/Badas
- Serve it with curd,Red chili powder,salt,Roasted Jeera(Cumin) ,salt and tamarind chutney(Imli ki Chutney).
- Now Dahi Vada/Wada/Bada is ready to serve.
- Cook Vada/Pakodas on the medium flame.
- Ignore adding salt in batter so that it will remain soft.
- You can preserve it for one week in Refrigerator.
- Always dipped in warm water before serving.