Dahi Wale Gatte
Time now for traditional India dish Dahi wale Gatte
Gatte is a Rajasthani food masterpiece. Along with being a special dish, it is also very mouth-watering curry. After eating it you will feel that you are part of it. So, come let’s make Dahi wale Gatte for today.
Simple steps to follow
- Prepare dough of Besan/Gram flour.
- Reshaping the dough in cylindrical shape.
- Cooking of cylindrical shape.
- Prepare Gravy.
- Mixing Gatte to gravy.
- Besan/Gram Flour (3 Spoon).
- Curd (2 cup).
- Oil (as required).
- Onion 2 medium.
- Garlic 4-5 cloves.
- Ginger 1-2 small pieces.
- Hing (Asafoetida) a pinch.
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbsp.
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
- Garam Masala 1/4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
Preparation Method for Gatte:
Step 1 – Prepare dough of Besan/Gram flour
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add Besan(Gram flour).
- Add Hing (Asafoetida).
- Add Turmeric powder.
- Add Red chili powder.
- Add salt .
- Add oil and make a dough of Besan (gram flour) .
- Add oil one tsp at a time until dough take shape of the fist if you make a fist of the
- esan(Gram flour).
- Add water.
- Add curd.
- Keep it aside dough or 5 minutes.
Step 2 – Reshaping the dough in cylindrical shape
Make cylindrical shape from dough.
Step 3 – Cooking of cylindrical shape
Take a wow add 2-3 glass of water in it, when water is boiled add dough of cylindrical shape in it and cook it for 15-20 minutes.After 20 minutes abstract cylindrical shape from the water and cut into the small pieces(Gatte).
Note:Remaining water we will use in Gravy.
Step 4 – Prepare Gravy
- Take a pan add oil in it.
- Add Hing (Asafoetida).
- 3. Add Mustard seeds.
- 4. Add Salt in Dahi and remaining water of Gatte.
- 5. Add Turmeric Powder .
- 6. Add Red chili Powder.
- 7. Add Coriander Powder.
- 8. Add Dahi and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Step 5 – Mixing Gatte to gravy
- After 5 minutes add Gatte in gravy
- Add Garam Masala.
- And cover it and cook for 15-20 minutes on medium flame.
Step 6 – Garnish
Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Add one tsp at a time in dough.
- After extracting cylindrical shape from boil water do not through water , we will use in gatte gravy.
- Make dough cylindrical shape so that it will cook consistently from all side.
- To make little more soft add more curd in dough.
Besan /Gram flour-Manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, in fiber, iron, potassium, vitamin B-6 and thiamine.Help in strengthen bones,lower heart risks with improving health of heart control diabetes,help in regulating blood pressure and get rid of iron deficiency .