Imli ki Chutney/Saunth Chutney /Tamarind Dip
Time for chutney now.Chutney is usually is a spice, sauce or preparation that is added to food to impart a particular flavor, associated with Indian cuisine but its sweet, spicy, tangy flavors work well with recipes from many other cultures.You would be able to enjoy it with any India and western dish.
We will preparing chutney in simple three steps
3.Ready to serve and Preserve.
- Imli/Tamarind 250 gm (Soaked over night)
- Jagger y 2 Cup/250 gm
- Saut 1/2 tbsp(dry ginger)
- Rock Salt to taste
- Sendha namak to taste
Step 1 Preparing Ingredients
- Take 250 gram of Tamarind and soaked overnight.
- Now add Soaked Tamarind in a bowl .
- Squeeze it once ,separate water and tamarind pulp using sieve.
- Follow the above process at-least 3 times.
Step 2 Cook it
- Take a pan pour Imli/Tamarind water in it and boil it .
- When it boils Add jaggery powder.
- Add Saunth (dry ginger) .
- Add Rock Salt.
- And Add Sendha namak in it.
- And stir the mixture for 3-4 minutes and allow it to cook for at-least half an hour in between we have to stir and check the consistency.
- What consistency we want we can cook till to get the consistency .
- Allow it to cool down.
Step 3 Ready to Preserve
Now its ready to serve
- We can store it in glass jar for 1 year.
- We can also add some dry fruits(Raisin and cashew) and fruits(pomegranate) to the dips but we can only preserve it for 1-2 months.
- You can also use sugar instead of jaggery but jaggery would be more healthy version.