Lauki/ghia or bottle gourd or opo squash or is vegetable which generally people will not prefer to eat.It has many health benefits. So how to make it delicious.
Try lauki koftas fried dumping dipped in rich thick gravy .
People who do not like lauki will love it.
We will prepare this dish in three steps:
- Prepare gravy with thick consistency
- Make koftas (dumpling )of grated lauki
- Third mix gravy and koftas.
- Onion (2)
- Tomato (2)
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala 1/4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Lauki (1 medium)
- Onion (1 )
- Green chili(2-3)
- Turmeric powder (haldi)1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder(dhaniya) 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour (2 spoon)
- Rice Flour (1 spoon)
- Salt to taste
Preparation of Gravy
Take a pan put Little oil in it and add turmeric powder ,red chili powder,Coriander powder and add onion & tomato paste and than stir it for 2 minutes and add salt and Garam Masala and leave it for 10 minutes on medium flame.Whole mixture will become little thick, taste for salt and curry is ready yummy.
Grate Lauki take a bowl put grated lauki in bowl.
Now mixing ingredients
- Add fresh chopped onions,
- Chopped green chili ,
- Turmeric powder,
- Red chili powder,
- Coriander powder,
- Gram flour for binding of mixture ,
- Rice flour for making it little crispy,
- Salt and mix all together with love.
Make kofta of mixture, Koftas can be form in cylindrical/oval or round shape balls so that it can be consistently cooked from all sides and then deep fry the koftas
Note: A healthy twist in this dish avoid deep fry ,we can shallow fry koftas in appam maker,or Apply little oil on kofta and bake it.
Turn Koftas on other side and wait till Koftas turn into golden brown.
After 15 minute put Koftas in gravy and add littile water and cook for 5 minutes and than put Coriander leaves for garnishing and serve it
1. Prepare koftas after preparing curry
2. Try shallow fry it has health benefits
3. Try to bring organic products that make food more tasty.
4. Make curry little thick so that it will enhance the taste of koftas.
5. You can trying adding cashew paste to make it thick but it will make curry little sweet (i will not prefer it for my self).
6. Prepare it with love
Health Benefits of Lauki
When lauki is cooked or juiced, it has proven to have sedative and anti-bilious properties. Eating lauki gives a relaxed feeling. It is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, high in dietary fiber, Vitamin C, riboflavin, zinc, thiamine, iron, magnesium and manganese. Lauki is rich in dietary fiber which help in reducing constipation and help inweight loss. it is a suitable vegetable for light, low calorie diets as well as for children, people with digestive problems, diabetics and those recovering from an illness or injury.