Moong Dal kachori
Let move towards traditional dish and make it healthy. The dish we are preparing today is one of the favorite snacks but also symbol of tradition and celebration.The snack which are referring here is know as Moong Dal kachori.
We will be preparing Moong Dal kachori in simple five steps.
- Make Dough.
- Make Filling.
- Shape up Kachori.
- Frying / Baking.
- Garnish & Serve.
- Wheat flour (2 cup).
- Oil (1 cup).
- Salt to taste.
- Split green gram skinless (Dhulli Moong dal) (1 cup).
- Asafoetida(Hing) 1/4 teaspoon.
- Ginger grated 1 tsp.
- Green Chilli chopped (3-4).
- Red Chilli powder 1tbsp.
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tbsp.
- Cloves (4-5).
- Oil 3 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
Step 1 Make Dough:
- Take a bowl.
- Add wheat flour.
- Add oil .
- Add salt.
- And kneed into a dough using a little water.
Step 2 Make Filling:
- Soak Moong dal(Split Green gram) for an hour,after an hour drain it.
- Roughly grind the drained Moong dal(Split Green gram).
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add Asfoetida(Hing).
- Add Cloves.
- Add Ginger.
- Add Green Chilli
- Add the Moong dal and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the Red Chilli Powder.
- Add Garam Masala Powder.
- and Salt and stir for five minutes till the Masala cooked.
Step 3 Shape up Kachori
- Roll out small portion of the dough into a small diskette(Kachori).
- Place some filling in the center of diskette.
- Cover the filling with the dough by slowly stretching it over the filling .
- Seal the ends tightly.
- Gently press the center of the diskette(Kachori)with your palms.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
Step 4 Frying / Baking
- Take a WoK(Kadai).
- Add oil to Wok(Kadai) heat it .
- Deep fry the diskette(kachoris) , fry them over low heat till it turns golden brown from both sides.
Step 5 Garnish & Serve.
1. Garnish Moong Dal Kachori with Chutney.
2. Serve with Gajar Halwa.
- The Diskettes( kachoris ) should be puffed up.
2. Always store Diskettes( kachoris ) in air tight containers so crispness remain intact.
3. Always add Asafoetida to filling for digestive aid.
4. Try bake version for more healthy alternative taste as good as fried version.