As we are into month of fasting.Let us make Sabudana Khichdi.
People can have this dish while they are fasting.
Sabudana Khichdi one of those recipes that is made during religious fasting/vrat/upvas.
People during the fast do not eat onions, garlic, wheat products,lentils or pulses.
You can also enjoy as snacks.
You will majorly find this dish in Maharashtra but now you easily find this dish through out India but not as easily available in Maharashtra.
Sabudana Khichdi is general served sweet curd /yogurt but we will serve it with Sweet /Plain Curd.
We will be preparing Khichdi in three simple steps
- Soaked Sabudana.
- Preparing Khichdi.
- Garnish and Serve it.
- Sabudana(sago/Shaabakki) (1 cup).
- Potato (1 small)(Chopped).
- Jeera (Cumin seeds)(1 tbsp).
- Green chili 1-2 chopped.
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
- Red chili powder 1/4 tbsp.
- Senda Namakto taste.
- Coriander leaves.
- Peanut ((crushed 20 Gram).
Step 1 Soaked Sabudana
- Soak the Sabudana or sago in water for 1/2 hours .
- Drain water completely from the soaked Sabudana and let it rest for overnight ,in morning they will become very soft .
- Now we are ready to prepare Khichdi.
Step 2 Preparing Khichdi
- Take a wok(Kadhai) put Little oil in it.
- Add Jeera (Cumin seeds).
- Add Chopped Potato.
- Add crushed peanut ,cover it and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- On the other hand take a empty bowl ,add soaked Sabudana/Sago/Shaabakki to it.
- Add and mix Green chili,Red chili powder and Senda Namak to the soaked Sabudana/Sago/Shaabakki.
- After 5 minute mix Sabudana/Sago/Shaabakki in Wok ((Kadhai)and mix it well.
- After 2 minutes put coriander leafs (Dhaniya leafs) in it.
- Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add Lemon juice.
Step 3 Serve it
- Garnish it with some more coriander leafs (Dhaniya leafs).
- Now its ready to serve.
- Serve it Plain/Sweet curd.
- Add Cumin Seeds(Jeera) when oil is hot.
- Always Mix Green chili,Red chili powder and Senda Namak to the soaked Sabudana/Sago/Shaabakki in a dry bowl.
- Add Lemon to the Khichdi when you are serving.
- Prepare it with love .