Let us make some dish for the people who are fasting.Everybody can enjoy as snack.You can enjoy this dish any time in day.We will preparing Upvaas Thalipeeth / Sabudana Thalipeeth in three simple steps
- Prepare ingredients
- Cooking Upvaas Thalipeeth / Sabudana Thalipeeth
- Serve it.
Step 1 Prepare ingredients
- Soaked Sabudana (1/2 cup).
- Rajgira Atta/Kuttu Atta (1/2 cup).
- Boiled Potato 2.
- Peanut 1 tbsp (crushed).
- Ghee 2 tbsp.
- Grated Ginger 1 tsp.
- Green Chilies 2 chopped.
- Coriander leafs (chopped) 1 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp.
- Senda Namak 3/4 tsp/ as per taste.
- Soak the Sabudana or sago in water for 1/2 hours .
- Drain water completely from the soaked Sabudana and let it rest for overnight ,in morning they will become very soft.
- First take a large bowl.
- And then peel and grate/mash boiled potatoes.
- Add pearl sago/Sabudana/Shaabakki.
- Add Rajgiri Atta.
- Add Green Chili.
- Add Ginger.
- Add Crushed Peanuts.
- Add Senda Namak.
- Add Black pepper powder.
- Add Cumin Seeds (Jeera).
- Add Coriander leafs.
- After mixing all the ingredients , form a dough of it,If required add little water.
- Now make Sabudana Thalipeeth / Upvaas Thalipeeth from dough .
- Take a little ghee and lubricate your fingers ,take a little lump from the dough(lump as small as lemon).
- Now make it round and flatten it with your palms.
- Apply a little ghee on the polyethylene sheet as well,now keep the lump on sheet,add a little ghee on the top of it.
- Now cover the lump with the rest of the polyethylene sheet,press the lump gently with your palms . Slowly flatten/roll it with your palm and fingers.
- Don’t keep it too thin or thick.
Step 2 Cooking Upvaas Thalipeeth/Sabudana Thalipeeth
- Take a Pan/Tava and Pre-heat.
- Lubricate the flat pan with some ghee.
- Now remove the thalipeeth and keep it on the pan.
- Cook it with medium heat.
- After a minute , make a little hole in the center to add a little more ghee,also add little ghee at sides.
- When it has been cooked (turn to golden brown in color) , flip it over and repeat.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the Thalipeeths.
- Looks brown on both the sides.
Step 3 Serve it
1 . Ready to serve with curd.
- Thalipeeth size should be in 3-4 inch circumference .
- For proper cooking make holes in center of Thalipeeth and pour little ghee(while cooking).
- Cook Thalipeeth until it turn golden brown.
- Don’t keep Thalipeeth to thick or thin.
- Use Non-stick Pan so that ghee intake will reduce.
- Always cook with lid close.
- Always use Organic product , it will make your food more tasty.