Abdominal (or diaphragmatic) breathing
Abdominal or diaphragmatic breathing is practiced by enhancing the action of the diaphragm that minimizing the action for the rib cage.
The diaphragm is a domed sheet of muscle that separates the lungs from the abdominal cavity.
when functioning correctly,promotes the most efficient type of breathing.
Abdominal breathing is the most natural and efficient way to breath.
However,due to tension,poor posture,restrictive clothing and lack of training ,it is often forgotten.
Restore correct way of breathing by making this technique part of your daily life.
That will leads you to become more physical and mental balanced human being.
How to Do
- Lie down in shavasana.
- Relax the your whole body.
- Place the right hand on the abdomen just above the navel.
- The left hand over the center of the chest.
- Observe the spontaneous breath be absolutely natural.
- To practice abdominal breathing, feel as though you are drawing the energy and breath in and out directly through the navel.
- The right hand will move up with inhalation and down with exhalation.
- The left hand remains almost still.
- Relax our abdomen.
- Do not try to force the movement in any way.
- Do not expand the chest or move the shoulders.
- Feel the abdomen expanding and contracting.
- Continue breathing slowly and deeply.
- Inhale while expanding the abdomen as much as is comfortable, without expanding the rib-cage.
- At the end of the inhalation,the diaphragm will be compressing the abdomen and the navel will be at its highest point.
- The diaphragm moves upward and the abdomen moves downward while exhalation.
- While exhalation ,contract abdomen and then compressed navel towards the spine.
- Continue for a few minutes.
- Relax and repeat again observe your breathing pattern.
- Bring the awareness back to observing the physical body as a whole.
- Be aware of the surroundings and gently open the eyes.
Tons of Benefits
As this breathing is related to abdominal and navel.
- This breathing help in improving your induce positive attitude that reduce fear.
- Increase sleep quality that reduce anxiety.
- Improve core body balance.
- Help in improving appetite.
- Also reduce the disorder related to fear and anxiety.
- Control hormonal disorder.